Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 5 Pro in India last week, which went on sale today for the first time on Flipkart as well as Mi.com and was sold out within minutes. At the launch Xiaomi promised to bring Face unlock that will be available via OTA update by the end of March, but today as a surprise the company rolled out the Face unlock feature for the phone via an OTA update. This is the first Xiaomi smartphone in India to get the feature. [HTML1] At the launch the company said that its face detection algorithm scans facial features in roughly 500ms using a high-accuracy matching mechanism, making it faster than the fingerprint scanner. However Face unlock is not as secured as fingerprints. The MIUI v9.2.4 NEIMIEK update is 1.6GB in size and also brings significant camera improvements and stability optimizations. It is already available for the reviews units, and those who ordered the phone today will get the update as soon as they boot up their phone. To remind you, the Redmi Note 5 Pro sale on Flipkart and Mi.com is scheduled for 28th February, Wednesday at 12 noon.
Last week, Xiaomi ran a Twitter poll asking people to choose between MIUI 9 and Android One. As you may know, MIUI is the ROM that majority of the Xiaomi phones ship with while Android One comes directly from Google and is what you find on the Mi A1. It seems Xiaomi expected a landslide victory for its own MIUI over Android One, but the good people of Twitter had other thoughts. At last known count, Android One was leading by 57%, with the remaining 43% going to MIUI 9. And then it happened. Xiaomi deleted the tweet. But nothing is ever truly lost on the Internet and predictably…
GSMArena.com – Latest articles
Xiaomi launched Redmi 4A running MIUI 8 based on Marshmallow back in March 2017 but company didn’t announce anything regarding the android update for the device. The company rolled out Android Nougat 7.1.2-based MIUI 9 Beta ROM in mid-November followed by Android Nougat 7.1.2-based MIUI 8 Stable ROM in November end, Nougat-based Stable ROM was later discarded by the company. Redmi 4A is the only device launched in 2017 which was kept in third batch as per the announcement made during MIUI 9 launch and was supposed to get MIUI 9.0 Stable update back in December, but company decided to skip MIUI 9.0 update for the third batch of devices to provide MIUI 9.2 directly. Now, some users have reported that they are receiving a new Nougat-based OTA update as Nightly build on their Redmi 4A devices. The new update comes as MIUI 22.214.171.124.NCCMIEK and is of 1.3 GB in size and finally brings Android Nougat to Redmi 4A. This update also brings January security patch along with major changes like Interactive and Fresh UI changes including New System animations, Split Screen, Quick Switch, New Gallery App, Calendar Cards, App Vault, Mi Video App, New Mi Explorer and Mi Drop, Screen Recorder, …
Xiaomi devices consistently offer great hardware at low prices, but the company’s MIUI skin isn’t everyone’s favorite. So when the Android One-powered Mi A1 debuted, it was met with heaps of praise. A couple of days ago, Xiaomi ran a poll on Twitter asking its followers whether they preferred MIUI or Android One.
[MIUwhy] Xiaomi deletes Twitter poll after its own MIUI loses to Android One was written by the awesome team at Android Police.
Android Police – Android news, reviews, apps, games, phones, tablets
[Update: Stable MIUI 9.2 ROM for both the Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 4G are now available for download, you can get them and flash manually, if you don’t have the update yet.] Redmi 1S, Redmi Note/Prime were the devices which redefined their respective price segments back in 2014 and laid the foundation for Xiaomi’s success. These devices are pretty old now and so, Back in November, Xiaomi announced that MIUI 9 will be the last update for the devices which were launched back in 2014 and 2015, including Redmi 1S, Redmi 2/Prime, Redmi Note/Prime. MIUI 8.5 was the last update for the above mentioned devices which company rolled out about 5-6 months ago, and company decided to skip MIUI 9.0 update for these devices. Recently, the company started rolling out MIUI 9.2 to devices, the main highlights of MIUI 9.2 include Interactive and Fresh UI changes, New Gallery App, Calendar Cards, App Vault, Mi Video App, New Mi Explorer. As reported by users, Redmi 1S, Redmi Note/Prime are now receiving MIUI 9.2 update, MIUI 9.2 for Redmi 1S, Redmi Note/Prime is still based on KitKat, so users of these devices will not be able to enjoy few features like App Vault that MIUI 9 brings. …