Your Apple Watch has frozen. Now what? Don’t worry, you can restart your Apple Watch; simply power it off, then power it on again. Even if your Apple Watch isn’t responding, you can still use this trick to reboot. If restarting your Apple Watch doesn’t get things back to normal, you can try a force restart. Let’s get started learning how to restart and force restart your Apple Watch so you can get it unfrozen and back to normal!
How to Restart and Force Restart Your Apple Watch
Restart Your Apple Watch
- Press and hold the Side Button until three options appear: Power Off, Medical ID, and Emergency SOS.
- Slide Power Off to the right.
- If the screen is completely dark you’ll know your Apple Watch has shut off. Now hold the Side Button again until you see the Apple logo.
Force Restart Your Apple Watch
Don’t try to force restart if your Apple Watch is updating watchOS. You’ll know an update is happening if you see the Apple logo and progress wheel on the screen. Also, only use force restart if your Apple Watch didn’t respond to the regular restart procedure.
- Press and hold the Side Button and Digital Crown for at least ten seconds.
- Let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo reappear.
Now you know how to restart and force restart your Apple Watch. If neither of these procedures worked to unfreeze your Apple Watch, please contact Apple Support!