Bluetooth technology has been around for twenty years, and new and improved Bluetooth devices for iPhone are hitting the market every day. Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth headsets, Bluetooth keyboards, all of these devices work in essentially the same way; they automatically detect and connect to each other and share information. If you haven’t purchased a Bluetooth device or paired one to your iPhone yet, it’s time to learn how! Let’s get started learning how to connect your iPhone to Bluetooth devices.
Speakers, Headphones, Keyboards, and More: How to Connect a Bluetooth Device to Your iPhone
- Find the Settings app on your iPhone, tap it.
- Find Bluetooth, tap it, and make sure it’s toggled on.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device and make sure it’s in discovery mode; this varies from device to device, for some it’s as easy as just turning on the device.
- Tap Bluetooth in the Settings menu, you’ll see a subheading called “Devices,” your Bluetooth device should be in that menu.
- If your Bluetooth device hasn’t appeared in the Devices menu, check your instruction manual to see if there’s a step you missed in making it discoverable to your iPhone.
- To pair your accessory, tap on its name in the Devices menu, “Connected” will appear to the right of the device name.
Now you can use your Bluetooth device with your iPhone; if you want to pair more devices, just follow these instructions again.
Top image credit: GongTo / Shutterstock.com